Friday, October 10, 2008

Things I Can't Wait to Do When My Husband Gets Home

The list is really infinite. Everyday I see silly little things that go on in everyday regular life and think, wow, I can't wait until we can be that normal couple with normal worries and normal conversations and normal bedtimes and all those things that go to be normal. My Husband likes to say, well, what's normal. I'll give you a hint - being long distance for almost four years, having been married for almost 18 mos and never living together, never having spent more than fifteen days together - all those things are not normal. It is who we are and even better, who we have been, and I am really excited to move past it. To not feel that my relationship needs to be explained or have an asterisk after it. We'll just be another twenty-something couple living in Alexandria with a dog and a cat and two jobs we enjoy and we'll do all that silly stuff that couples who live in the greater DC metro region do on the weekends and it will be fabulous.

So all of this is to really say, everything is becoming too real to keep listing what I want to do. I'd say I'm like a kid on Christmas - but that kid on Christmas can't sleep the night before Christmas. I have been on the edge, just waiting for this to happen, for weeks now. I have one week left and it feels like I have miles of quick sand to walk through before I can reach the end. Listing all the awesome things I can't wait to do makes me more jittery, more anxious - so my lack of posts on the many things I can't wait for does not mean that I am not excited for my husband's return. Its just that I'm so excited, I can't even put fingers to keys to begin to express it.

4 comments:

Sara said...

So excited for you Lauren, can't wait for your hubby to get home. although I hope that doesn't mean we won't get your feedback on all the crazy knot e-mails we send everyday. :-)

PS: Are you guys still thinking of getting a beagle? I'm sure you already know about BREW, but I hear they're a great place to go through. Also, there is a group called DC Beagles that I joined and they have meetups for beagles to play together! I'm going to one tomorrow with Bella! Will post pictures on my blog.

Mrs. Exnicios said...

Excited to hear how Bella likes the DC Beagle crew. We are going through BREW and will have a home visit as soon as Andrew is home, and then a puppy!

Sue said...

Lauren,
I have been reading yours and Andrew's blogs for some time now - occasionally posting a comment on Army 2.0 but mostly just a reader. Anyway, thank you for the sacrifices you and your hubby have endured. It's almost over. Actually I guess you could say it's just about to begin. Many hugs to you both.
Be blessed.
Sue

Alison said...

We are counting down the days with you! I'm so happy he's almost done.

On a side note, those adorable socks you sent Abigail are quite a hit at day care. She has a color to match every outfit and everyone at day care comments on how cute they are!