Friday, December 19, 2008

Is It Too Late to Amend My Christmas List?

Just in time for the holidays, Chris Cooley (and brother Tanner) come through on their promise to have women's cut authentic Chris Cooley jersey's in his online store. He even went one better and is autographing them. Available in home white or away burgundy. I know. Awesomeness. While I do not read any other NFL player's blogs (and therefore have little to compare it to beside the NFL United Way commercials on every Sunday), I continue to be inspired and impressed by Chris Cooley's dedication to give back to the community. If you have the chance to look back over his blog from the past couple weeks, you'll see him talk about participating in the Redskins food drive for Thanksgiving (which the whole team helped at, I believe) as well as the day for breast cancer survivors he put together at Redskins Park. They are all cute blog posts. So even though the Skins season may not have turned out the way we had all hoped - I think Cooley's blog helps to remind us that there are (sometimes) more important things than winning football games.

2 comments:

Sara said...

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I never thought it would happen and finally broke down in October and just bought a men's Cooley jersey. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Mrs. Exnicios said...

I guess I never shared my jersey tale of woe. Before we went to the MNF game, I insisted I had to get a jersey, so we went to the Redskins store at Pentagon City's Fashion Centre. (Yes, that is how its spelled.) Anyway, they have 1) no women's jerseys, 2) no Cooley jerseys in any sex or size. OK, I really want a jersey and the nice lady says, how about a large children's size. Lets me try it on, perfect. So I say, ooooo Jason Taylor. Remember when he was on DWTS? I want a Taylor jersey. My husband explains that in this age of free agency, Taylor is a bad investment. I have no idea what this means. So next the nice lady offers me Clinton Portis. Great. I know his number, he's wacky, perfect. No, my husband has a Clinton Portis jersey and will not have us being Portis twins. Sigh. He then convinces me that Santana Moss is exactly who I have to get, the perfect match. I think it was because that was the only one left. And so, I have a large children's Santana Moss jersey. He's #89, I've learned, and does very well for himself. I don't hate Moss or my jersey, but there is definitely still room in my closet for an autographed Chris Cooley jersey. In maroon. The white washes me out.