Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Still in the Same Place

Soooo, its been a while, right? Lots has happened. A season of Lost come and gone and back again. Jack Bauer saved the Port of Alexandria from terrorists. We attended many, many weddings. A decade ended. I may have turned a very momentous age. All of this and I realized I've lived in (practically) the same place for almost three years. This may not seem like much to some, but to Army/higher ed brats like Andrew and me, well, we haven't really lived in the same place for that long since high school. If you go back to 1997 when I graduated high school, my address book would look something like this (and this is what makes doing background investigation forms for the government so much fun).

Aug 1997 - Princess Diana dies. I move to Kostka Hall, Fairfield.

Dec 1997 - Christmas break in Willimantic

Jan 1998 - Kostka

May 1998 - Willimantic

Sept 1998 - Loyola Hall, Fairfield

Oct 1998 - Regis Hall, Fairfield

Dec 1998 - Willimantic

Jan 1999 - Regis Hall.

March 1999 - UConn Men win their first National Championship.

May - July 1999 - Willimantic, Tijuana, Klaver Hall (Fairfield), Willimantic

Aug 1999 - Townhouse 93, Fairfield. The Triscuit Nacho is born. (Note I remain here for Christmas break).

May 2000 - TH something-something. It was in the corner. By the office of Printing or something.

Aug 2000 - Beach house on Reef Road. Remain for winter break.

May 2001 - Graduate college, sigh. Fairfield kicks me out, return to Willimantic.

Aug 2001 - St. Louis, MO (ever been in St. Louis MO in August? Right.)

Dec 2001 - Willimantic, with cat.

Jan 2002 - St. Louis, MO

May 2002 - Willimantic, with cat who must learn to live with two dogs for the summer.

Aug 2002 - St. Louis, MO

Dec 2002 - Willimantic

Jan 2003 - St. Louis, MO

May 2003 - Savannah, GA. (Remember St. Louis in August? It has nothing on Savannah in May, June, July or August).

Sept 2003 - St. Louis, MO

Dec 2003 - Willimantic (still with cat. Oh, she was in Savannah too.)

Jan 2004 - stop in St. Louis, move to Arlington VA.

Sept 2004 - Willimantic. Stuff in about 3 storage locations.

Jan 2005 - Fort Lee, VA. Followed by Charlottesville, VA (on the grounds, of course.)

April 2005 - Colorado Springs. (Now while my moving tapers off here, remember I
also start a long distance relationship at that time. During this relationship Andrew lives in OK, VA, CA, WA, CA, VA, NC. So while my stuff sometimes stayed put, I definitely never did. The cat usually did.)

July 2007 - Alexandria, VA. (Two different addresses. Eventually moved in with my husband and got a dog.)

Which brings us to today. Everyone under one roof. One very small roof. But we're together and everyone sleeps in the same bed, so I can't ask for too much more. But I have to admit, I'm starting to get a little antsy. But can you really blame me? (PS do not tell the cat.)

No comments: