Wednesday, July 23, 2008

What Do You Think?

This is something both my husband and I had strong opinions on when it happened. . . and now a 180 from the US Army. I just stumbled across this on Yahoo News, which does not have the most in depth reporting style, so I look forward to trying to read what's going on. I have to say, while I was against Campbell being allowed to forgo his commitment, I am much much much more against the Army jerking him around like this. It is no different than the IRR - telling you one thing up front and then changing their mind. (A quick note on the IRR - as I signed my IRR paperwork two weeks ago, I was assured that I would only be contacted in case of national emergency. Apparently those who issued my husband's orders did not read the definition of "National emergency". Yeah, there is a definition.)

Sorry, I got a little carried away, but the Army's actions never fail to create a strong reaction from me.

1 comment:

mdoyle said...

While I agreed with the policy that allowed him to play for the NFL, I too am in disagreement with the 180 degree change in policy, it is unfair to the young man. the policy change should affect anyone in the future, not change an agreement in the past. Does mean any academy grad can change their policy and chose not to serve after the graduate?