Monday, March 10, 2008

Delicious Sources of Various Types of Sugar


After a delicious meal of leftovers, I had a dessert of beer and Peeps. I am not sure which was sadder - the dessert itself or how happy the dessert made me. Peeps are a good dessert - 32 calories per Peep and no fat and you physically can't eat more than two without getting ill, so its pretty easy to practice portion control. I am a bit of a Peeps purist. I will only eat the yellow chicks type of Peeps. The Peeps production has gotten a little out of control, with such flavors as, cocoa, orange, strawberry, vanilla, peppermint and cookie. They come in various seasons, including cats, gingerbread men, hearts, pumpkins and ghosts. I am apparently not alone in my feelings - yellow Peeps are the most popular, followed by pink, lavender, blue and white. It used to take 27 hours to make one Peep chick and it now only takes 6 minutes. The more I learn about these wonders, I can't understand how there isn't a NPR story about it. . . maybe producing one will be my big break on public radio.

4 comments:

Exnicios said...

I'll admit, Peeps kinda scare me. Sure they're pretty to look at, and I'll grant you that there is a certain nobility to them as they perch and stare and wait to be consumed (and/or exploded in the microwave). But I don't dig on eating them, if you catch my jive.

Mrs. Exnicios said...

At least I don't have to worry about hiding my Peeps from you

mdoyle said...

No hiding the peeps but why is he channeling Maynard G Krebs?? Must be the mountain air.

mdoyle said...

which came first the cadbury egg or the peep?