Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Li-i-i-ve


Its that time again. Another season of Dancing with the Stars has started. And thank God. My favorite part of the show is reading the "stars" bios on wikipedia. I thought I'd share of the high points of last night's show (the "guys episode") with appropriate links to the awesome bios.

Penn of Penn and Teller. Just a big lug Likes the magic. I was frankly bored.

Jason Taylor. Talked about as the top defensive player in the NFL. But with his team the Miami Dophins only winning one game last season, one has to question that distinction. He may be part of the most attractive couple this season. He is married to the little sister of his former teammate, which is adorable and he's not a bad dancer. I have to say I was reading his wiki bio and it noted he was born in 1974 and was 33. I was sort of shocked, because I was born in 1979 - how could he be 33 and born so close to me. All this means, I'm old.

Cristian De La Fuente. I have no idea who this is. Apparently a Chiliean movie star who was also on Ugly Betty. He is a first lieutenant in the Chilean Air Force, which is admirable, he flies acrobatic planes. He did note that Chile is not known for its dancers, but its sea bass and wine. I am fan of both and wish him luck.

Adam Corrolla. I think everything that comes to mind when you hear Adam Corrolla on DWTS is absolutely true.

Mario. R&B star. Apparently winner of two "Billboard" awards. Way to go. He described himself as the "torch carrier for his generation." I only wish I could write stuff that good. His wiki bio notes that he was in both Step Up and Freedom Writers but has never taken an acting class. Hard to believe he only has two Billboards.

Steve Guttenberg. His movie clip in the intro was Three Men and a Baby. Probably because he really hasn't done much outside of the Three Men franchise in the last twenty years. He seems genuinely excited and happy to be there. For some reason, I think he acts much like my husband would on the show - just happy to perform and be there and be with people. Maybe that also suggests my husband should make a film with Tom Selleck.

We got a preview of the women's competitors for tomorrow - Marissa Jaret Winokur has already called for the "fat girl" vote and Marlee Matlin has asked us to "read her hips." Yes, the fun is just beginning.

1 comment:

Exnicios said...

I ate at George's Garage in Durham at the table next to Tom Selleck back in 2001, right after graduation. Had I known how deep my Gutenberg-esque qualities ran, I would have propositioned Tom for a movie deal right there on the spot.