Monday, April 14, 2008

Sequels = Awesome x 2

Last night I stumbled onto the magic that is Save the Last Dance 2. I fell asleep before its dramatic conclusion - mistakenly thinking that if it was on MTV last night, it would be one 13 more times this week, but my Tivo can't find it. Anyway, while watching this artistic gem, I was reminded that sequels are often more awesome than the originals. This is definitely true with STLD2, which picks up where STLD ended - with our heroine going off to Juilliard. (Remember she was at the first try out for Julliard when her mom died in the car accident?) Anyway, Julia Stiles was unavailable for this movie so there is a new blonde, who has the same jungle fever, this time for a hip hop loving Julliard drop out guest lecturing at Julliard. (Don't think about that one too much.) So what other movies fit this mold, you may ask? Well, we've already covered the Cutting Edge trilogy and I am hard pressed to not say that CE3 was not the most superior. I've heard say that Step Up 2 was better than Step Up. And Toy Story 2? By far my favorite. The moral of this story - STLD2 totally worth a Netflix queue.

No comments: