Monday, April 7, 2008

What is up with the Hills?


I am not ashamed to admit it, I love The Hills. Yes, the pseudo-reality show on MTV that follows the true like escapades of Lauren Conrad ("LC") and her friends, Audrina and Whitney, plus her nemesises - nemesi? - Heidi and Spencer. I thought last season, though a little predetermined, was pretty good, right down to the idea the Brody Jenner had spread the vicious nasty rumors of Lauren and the great fight scene at Les Deux. But this season, starting in Paris and now back in LA, I just find that the Hills is lacking something. Maybe its because everything has already been talked about in US Weekly. Maybe its because Lauren's non-acting acting is getting quite bad. Maybe its because they've asked Heidi to improve coming up with such stories as - "I'll never forget when Spencer and I were here for breakfast and he said 'I'm going to get the Muscle Breakfast' and I said why because you have no muscles and he said 'Shut up.' It was so funny." It early in the season, tonight is LC's birthday so maybe something exciting will happen. Or maybe the promise that Kristen might stop by the show will come true. Anything to save the dull dull dullness that has become the Hills. Even last week's declaration from Whitney's new boss - "You have to wear black. Everyone here wears black," didn't hold my interest. Hills, I expect better.

1 comment:

mdoyle said...

It truely is time to switch to BBC America, a cut above when it comes to TV.
they have the Shakesperian tradition of fine theater!! ;-)