Friday, April 11, 2008

Teri Hatcher - Before He Cheats - Idol Gives Back 2008

This week was the second Idol Gives Back special, which is really no different than any other tele-thon. You know, except that its so much more awesome. There was a lot of greatness but there is one performance I would like Idol Takes Back to take back.
Teri Hatcher and the "Band from TV" performed Carrie Underwood's "Before He Cheats." It wasn't good. And there was so much going on, it was distracting. I kept waiting for Teri Hatcher to stop "singing" and say, just kidding, but she didn't. Like a car accident I was unable to turn away, or fast forward the Tivo, through this performance, but as I watched, I kept discovering more things to stare at - like a Where's Waldo picture where you realize that in the right hand corner there is a monkey stealing one of the balloon seller's balloons and floating into the air to try to reach the bunch of bananas in the tree. But anyway, the "Band from TV" was really from TV. Greg Grunberg on drums, James Denton on guitar, Bachelor Bob on backup vocals. According to wikipedia, many other celebrities claim membership in this band, I only spotted those four, but that was special enough. Enjoy.

3 comments:

Christine K. said...

Wow. That's like kareoke at the Grape. I think my favorite is that Greg Grunberg is on drums, I'm not sure why.

mdoyle said...

As much as you can appreicate her fine vocal skills, the finger actions in the begining really added depth to her performance.

Mrs. Exnicios said...

I think its Greg Grunberg's hat that makes it his performance stand out above the rest. For me, no one outshines Bachelor Bob's vocals.