Tuesday, August 19, 2008

News That Greatly Upset Me on Sunday

I called it, and yet I am not happy to be right. Immediately after Elena Delle Donne "committed" to UConn, I said that was a mistake and she wouldn't last past winter break. I didn't expect her not to last past two days. I know the party line, she's young, there was a lot of pressure, blah blah blah. To whom much is given much is asked. Don't take the scholarship and all that comes with it if you can't follow through. Most analysts say this isn't going to hurt UConn this season - but I am sure this makes Pat Summit a lot happier than Geno Auriemma. No one seems interested in what the real story is here - and I sure hope Geno does not release her from her scholarship. I think if we all gave up when things got tough - a day and a half into the toughness - no one would ever complete anything. Time for some growing up, Delle Donne.

2 comments:

Petey said...

Hi Lauren, your distant sorta-cousin Chris Holland here. I just tried to send you an e-mail to a possibly old gmail account. Please write me back if you could to chris-holland@comcast.net.

thanks! congrats on starting your new job...

mdoyle said...

As of today, August 19th, Geno has not released her from the scholarship, so she can not play BB at another school I think. But she has said she may play volleyball???
I hope she works out her problems soon. and I agree Pat is alot happier than Geno right now.