Friday, September 12, 2008

Gone Radio Silent

Hi everyone, 

Sorry for the break in blogging - things got busy with the new job and new place and all.  Plus the three days of requisite mourning for the end of Tom Brady’s season. In good news, we have the start of not one, not two, but three fabulous teen dramas on tv - Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill and 90210.  I have been disappointed in OTH this season - evil Nanny Carrie again? Really? - but Gossip Girl has not failed to produce.  I’ve only seen the season premiere of 90210, this week’s episode is awaiting me on my Tivo, but its been fun even just to 

go OMG its Kelly Taylor, OMG its Brenda, hey that’s Andrea’s kid, etc.  Which side note, if that is Andrea’s kid, why isn’t Andrea like friends with Kelly and all and they share stories of single parenthood? 

The move went well, in no small part to the awesome unpacking efforts of my father.  I have only 5 more boxes to unpack (mostly shoes and purses) and then a ton of organizing to do.  A large part of that will wait until my husband comes home, so that 

we can go through the nesting act together.  Which even if that means there are Nora Roberts books on the same shelf as the Vonneguts, I will try to survive. (PS do not tell my husband that.) 

Last weekend I had the pleasure of seeing my husband’s friends Megan, her husband Wade and Adam.  I am willing to say we’ve become friends in our own right at this point, especially after the bonding that occurred this past weekend with large mascots at Nationals Park.  The photo below cuts off most of Teddy’s fantasticness but you can at least see

 how huge he is.  No wonder he never wins a race.  I am holding a “Hi Andrew” sign, but the photo sort of bleaches that out. 

2 comments:

mdoyle said...

I enjoyed helping with the move, but I must admit putting books on the self by size or hardcover vs paperback has always been my basic organizational pattern. As to CDs by alphabetical order, well I could never keep singing that song over & over to get through 100's of CDs, sorry Andrew. Perhaps this lack of organization is why Bailey just sighed at me and went for a nap, so she would not be blamed.

EmployeeMegan said...

dude, we are totes friends.