Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Things I Can't Wait to Do When My Husband is Home #2

Watch football. Since meeting my husband I have become a huge football fan - thanks in no small part to our couple's fantasy football league in which I am ultra competitive. I now stalk kickers in the hope that they help propel me to victory and know random stats about players whose position I did not even know the name for 4 years ago. Living on the West Coast, its easy to spend a lazy Saturday or Sunday in bed watching football - its starts earlier. The first college game is on at 9am CA time and the first pro game is on at 10am. So you can simply roll over, grab the remote and there is football. This helped to promote my football habit too - realizing this is entirely how my husband intended to spend many of our weekends together. That said, it has resulted in a shared passion - one that we continue by watching games "together" over the phone and strategizing over my poor, sad, weakened and depleated fantasy team this year. After spending 90 min on the phone watching Monday Night Football last night, I was so excited to think that in just few weeks' time, Andrew would be in bed next to me talking about how stupid DeSean Jackson is, instead of over telephone lines.

No comments: