Sunday, September 14, 2008

To Do List

Before I get started, this is the 100th post for RSN. Celebratory whoops all around.

We have reached the point in this deployment when we can say that my husband will be home next month. In a little over 30 days he will be enjoying our new sofa with the cat and me. (Hopefully the episode of SNL we will be watching then will be better than the one I am currently watching.) The point is, that's pretty awesome.

I'm starting to put together a list of things to do when he gets home - not just exciting newlywed things like fancy dinners, leisurely walks to Old Town, getting a puppy (!) - but also mundane things like organizing book shelves and DVDs. Its also a slightly awkward period of time because its close enough for some things to wait for my husband's return, but others seem inappropriate. For instance - can the laundry wait until he is home so I do not have to go to the basement on my own? Probably not. Can I wait to brush the cat's teeth until he is home? That kitty breath will probably be pretty strong by then. Can I wait to return items to Ikea? YES! Woo hoo! I do not have to go to Woodbridge or walk through Ikea or resist the urge of Chick-Fil-A on my own.

Its an exciting and anxious time in the Exnicios household and I am looking forward to my husband's to do list growing over the next few weeks.

No comments: