Friday, September 12, 2008

A Long Season Ahead of Us


As I settled in to watch the first weekend of the 2008 NFL season, I really could not have been happier.  I am a huge Pats fan, a huger Tom Brady fan and this was the season that the Pats revenged their heartbreaking Super Bowl collapse and made it all happen.  And then 7:58 into the first game of the season - the first game of the day! - Tom Brady was down.  I didn't even get to see the only playing time Brady would get this season because whoever programs the greater DC football broadcasts decided watching Brett "Giant Loser and Should Go Away" Favre was more important.  I will always be sorry I couldn't be there for my Tommy.  Its been a tough week, but I am throwing my full confidence behind Matt Cassel.  I am, this is how we found Tom Brady, right?  Right??  Anyway, my husband sent me this link to the ESPN Sport's Guy column and it did cheer me up - or at least helped to know that my devastation is shared by many. 

PS I totally called Matt Cassel the new Matt Saracin way earlier than this post appeared.  

PPS Can I still wear my Brady jersey??

No comments: