Thursday, May 8, 2008

Hug a Military Spouse or Buy Her a Drink

Friday is MILITARY SPOUSE APPRECIATION DAY!!! Woo hoo! It makes this whole deployment disaster worth it. Here is a link to the Military Spouse breakfast that Fort Belvoir did not send me to. . . thanks a lot! Read over the President's comments - he supports the idea that the Army Wife is the hardest job in the Army (amen brother) but also notes that he will fix any subpar housing "when they find it." Suggesting that the Fort Bragg barracks had been hidden under a Harry Potter type invisibility cloak. . . . tricky tricky that magic.

Here are some fun Army Wife links -


Army Wife Comic - she's not kidding about the leg shaving thing


My favorite Army Wife blog - her entry about saying goodbye still makes me cry, because its 100% accurate


For the loyal RNS readership, some Army Wife, NPR style


The long awaited return of some fabulous Lifetime drama


And last but not least, here is a link to my favorite military spouse tee shirt shop. . . I will take guesses as to which ones I purchased for myself and my husband.

1 comment:

The AbnWife said...

Hello Lauren!
I'm a fellow Army Wife... I live in brand new housing... and although it's it's not nearly as bad as what those poor soldiers experienced... it still sucks... When we moved into our home two years ago, it was brand new, and we had so many problems, my husband eventually called from Afghanistan! He told them he was absolutely disgusted that he had to take time away from what he was doing to get them to take of his family... Needless to say, the felt very small and fixed everything within about 2 weeks. By the way my drink is a Mojito, what is yours?