Wednesday, May 14, 2008

NPR Story of the Day

Normally I just note the NPR story of the day on the side, but Melissa Block's reports from China this week have been amazing. Melissa was in China for a special report they were doing on China, in preparation of the Olympics, when the earthquake hit last weekend. Her reports, along with Robert Siegal's, have been just amazing and devastating, none more than her story today on a couple searching for their two year old son and his grandparents. All three were found dead in the rubble. Its a story that will stay with me for a while - and one that really makes you angry that only $500,000 in US aid is on its way.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I'm an NPR junkie, and my boyfriend and I wake up to Morning Edition every day, so I love that you have a list of NPR stories on your blog!! For the past week or so, Melissa Block's reports from China have been one of the first things we hear each day. It's a pretty heart-wrenching way to wake up, but it gives you some perspective to start out a long day of work and other usually tedious daily life stuff. She's an amazing reporter, I never would have guessed just listening to her as a host!