Saturday, May 3, 2008

Mmmm. . . beer

Just a quick shout out for the new seasonal flavor, Blue Moon's Honey Moon. As some may know, Blue Moon is a Coors productions. Having lived in two of the beer capitals of the world - St. Louis and Colorado - (Anheuser-Busch and Coors, respectively) I have to say I much prefer Coors Light to Bud Light. I am also a big fan of Blue Moon with its wheaty goodness and an orange slice. Its like breakfast. (Fruit, grains. . . I mean its almost like a muffin.) Anyway, I love seasonal ales - it makes it seem like beer is something special and gives you a reason to buy it. I love no seasonal ale more than Summer - in fact my first love of seasonal ale is Sammy A's Summer Ale. Light, refreshing, kinda tastes like baseball, its delicious and its how I know its summer. But this year, I have gotten over my puppy love crush on Sammy and moved on the the Honey Moon - Blue Moon's summer flavor. It does not taste like Blue Moon but it is delicious. A little sweet, refreshing, awesome. I highly recommend.

ps I just now got the name. Honey Moon - like Honeymoon. I was thinking it was some astrological event, like a blue moon. When I googled it for the official site I got all these wedding suggestions and then a light went on and I giggled at how clever those Coors R&D guys are.

1 comment:

Exnicios said...

I assume that when I get back I will only be able to stomach the wateriest of watery beers at first. 10 years of building up a tolerance and taste, out the window. Maybe not entirely, but I think this time away has been a set back.

The last beers I've had (not including a couple of N/A beers I've sucked down at the dining hall out of curiosity) were in the Shannon, Ireland airport. So what was that--the wee hours of December 23? I think so. I put down, rather quickly I might add, 2 pints served by a Polish bartender. All the bartenders were Poles, and I remember thinking that odd. And then I got here to BAF, and there is a distinct Eastern European flair among many of the contractors. If, when I get home, there aren't large numbers of Czechs and Croats taking care of my logistical needs I think it might throw me off for a few weeks.

Maybe I can teach Lauren to speak in a vaguely European accent and take care of my every whim and desire? It might be worth a shot...