Friday, May 2, 2008

Television Traffic Jam

The problem is there is just too much good tv out there to talk about. Especially on Mondays and Tuesdays - then I feel like I can't blog about Wednesday's ANTM if I haven't talked about Tuesdays results on DWTS. So, I'm going to try to catch up all at once with a quick wrap up on the week's tv, or at least the stuff that isn't still sitting on my Tivo waiting to be watched.

Gossip Girl - OMFG, indeed. The show gets more and more awesome as the weeks go on. I have to say overall the strike improved television, getting wimpy bad plotlines out of the way and bringing shows back strong. Its like frozen orange juice without adding all the water. I also sat next to a real life Chuck Bass last night. After having dinner with a friend, I faced a long ride home on the metro and a tiny bladder. I decided to stop in a hotel to use their facilities and so as not to unfairly impose, had a glass of wine at the bar. This 20-something guy was there, chatting it up with Jorge the bartender about the new carpet in the lobby and why it was better than the old carpet. He was also allowed to control the television in the bar. Yeah, thats power.

DWTS - A lot of over hype about Cristian's arm. I wonder if the Chiliean Air Force will be paying for the surgery. Actually what is his status in the Air Force? Is he on a leave of absence whule starring in soap operas? Anyway, I hope he heals though I think that no disco ball trophy would be worth further injury. And I love Jason Taylor. I miss MNF and always having to watch but inevitably my kicker is playing in the game and I need him to score an improbable 27 points to when Fantasy Football that week. But point being, Jason's paso doble was a nice treat. And he's adorable. With a big A little dor, big A again. Yeah, AdorAble.

Idol - Again a lot of hype this week. Who cares if Idol is fixed or not. If you are watching it for the intense human drama, I think you're missing the point. You should be watching it for Neil Diamond and the awesome cover band renditions of his songs. Who cares if the winner is really chosen by my votes or not? I just like to watch the Idols try to make sense of Mariah Carey week followed by Andrew Lloyd Webber week followed by Neil Diamond - and trying to make it all topical to today's music. Awesome.

ANTM - Tyra is killing me. I am getting ready to either a) break up with ANTM or b) have to fast forward through Tyra's speaking parts. I love the Paulina addition though - and her passive agressive threat to take over as host of ANTM. And note to Tyra. . .stop calling yourself Momma. Its weird. Note to America - Whitney's size 10 body is really not obese. Lastly, note to Whitney - if you didn't have such a nasty attitude, you may be the first "plus size" (normal size) winner of ANTM. (Which B the W, who cares if Italian Vogue doesn't feature "plus size" models. . . when is the last time Italian Vogue featured on of the ANTM winners?? I think that the KMart contracts they end up with tend to be pretty well suited to the normal woman.)

The Bachelor - I will be shocked if Matt doesn't pick Shane. They seem sort of suited to each other. . . not really famous for any reason, but just sort of hanging out and spending money. But the real news is that apparently my favorite Bachelor Andy Baldwin is now stationed in DC. Oh yeah. And he loves the nightlife. I was going to say I can't wait to see him out and about, but I'm not so much out and about lately. . . perhaps I will have to start so I have the opportunity to see him and try to work the Duke ROTC connection.

No comments: