Sunday, May 4, 2008

Milk and Cookies

I love Food Network. If you've spent five minutes with me, you know that. Right now I'm on an Ina Garten kick - yes, the Contessa herself. She reminds me of my next door neighbor growing up, Mrs. Wolf, and her recipes are fancy enough to seem chef-y but easy enough for me to follow along. She also seems to be married to a child. She is always talking about taking care of Jeffrey and she goes out for drinks with her gay friends, as if Jeffrey isn't old enough. Take today's ep - Jeffrey Home Alone. She starts by saying when she is away, she is worried Jeffrey lives on milk and cookies. Again I ask, is he a five year old? I'll be the first to admit my husband would live on a diet of take out pizza and burritos if I was away (I use his entire MBA education as an example). But I'll also admit I would not be making him homemade ice cream if I was going to be away for a night. Perhaps I need to learn a few lessons about marriage from Ina.

No comments: